Thursday 26 April 2018

AWH Team - April Blog Hop - Saying Goodbye to our Retiring Products

Hello friends and welcome to another hop with the Art With Heart Team.


Tonight, members of the team are sharing projects that feature retiring products. It's always sad to say goodbye to products that have become firm favourites and I am showing just a few of mine tonight. But let me tell you that the 2018-2019 catalogue is AMAZING and you will quickly find new favourites to love.
In the meantime retiring stamp sets, ink pads and ink refills are guaranteed to be available until May 7th and all other products are while supplies last.
Contact anyone on the blog hop to place your last chance order today.

Now let's get started with my projects.


I decided to make my friend Annmaree, a laminated notebook and a set of note-cards for her birthday recently. 
She loves bright and fun colours so I couldn't go past using the beautiful Painted with Love Specialty DSP for these projects and I think it was the perfect choice. I just love this DSP!


On the inside cover of the notebook is a little calendar and a small pocket for stamps or receipts and a larger pocket in the back.


The little pens that I found in a clearance bin at Officeworks, match the DSP perfectly! They came in a pack of 3 and I'm really wishing I had of bought more! Can you think of a stamp set that these little pens would also be a perfect match for? Look closely at what's on them. 😊
I embossed in gold the little flower image from the 'Heart Happiness' stamp set, and cut out using our stitched shapes circle framelits to decorate the front of the pockets as well as the front of the notebook.
I added a bit of "bling" with a gold mini tassel and metallic enamel shape.

Next I made a set of five 3" x 3" note-cards and matching envelopes.


To decorate the front of the cards I have used the 'Flower Shop' stamp set and coordinating Pansy punch. I have again embossed in gold onto Calypso Coral, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Powder Pink, punched them out and stuck them onto a stitched circle framelit in Whisper White with dimensionals. I've attached a gold metallic enamel shape to each of the flower centre's. I'm really going to miss this punch and stamp set. I found the flowers to be so versatile for any occasion card. I have even used them on sympathy cards.

The matching envelopes.

Using the envelope punch board I made a box to hold the cards and envelopes.

Front of the box

and the back. I attached a mini velcro dot to keep it closed.


And lastly here is the birthday card and matching envelope.


Instead of embossing the flowers in gold, I stamped tone on tone and gold embossed the sentiment. I raised a couple of the flowers up with dimensionals and the others are adhered flat. I used a piece of the Wood Textures DSP and then layered onto Rich Razzleberry and a Melon Mambo card base.

Here is a list of the retiring products I've used in my projects.

Occasions Catalogue
  • Painted with Love Specialty DSP            
  • Painted with Love 12" x 12" Cardstock Pack 
  • Heart Happiness Photopolymer Stamp Set
  • Glitter & Clear Epoxy Shapes
Annual Catalogue 2017-2018
  • Flower Shop Stamp Set
  • Pansy Punch
  • Mini Tassels Assortment
  • Metallic Enamel Shapes
  • Enamel Shapes
  • Stylized Birthday Stamp
  • Emerald Envy Classic Stampin' Pad 
         
Thank you for joining us on our hop tonight. If you're already hopping you may have come to me from our lovely Judy May and I hope you have enjoyed the wonderful creations you've seen so far. To continue the hop just click on the "next blog" button below.
Next up is the equally lovely Ros Davidson and I can't wait to see what she has created!




If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, here is the list of tonight's participants:

Catherine Proctor
Caroline Manwaring.....you are here 💞


Until next time.....
Stay happy & stay crafty! 😉










19 comments:

  1. These are all gorgeous, bright projects Caroline, using this stunning Designer Paper. I will miss it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, yes very sad to see this gorgeous paper leaving.

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous gift for your friend! Such care and thought put into it - I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline these are all so pretty but my favourite one is your last one, the happy birthday card with the gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine. I had fun making and giving these projects.

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful gift, Caroline. That DSP makes it extra special. Your roses make a gorgeous backdrop for your project too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful projects Caroline and such a lovely gift for your friend, I'm sure she is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute set of projects featuring the DSP. Thanks for taking part in the retiring products blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ros, looking forward to next month's hop already! :)

      Delete
  7. So sweet, and gorgeous gifts, Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are totally amazing gifts Caroline, I love them! So glad you are blogging! I am going to miss this beautiful paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both the card and notebook - I'm sure your friend will enjoy such gorgeous gift! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! Caroline, love, love all your projects, isn't the paper just stunning. You have made such a lovely gift set. I made a journal for myself using the same paper, pink being my favourite colour it was perfect.
    Mon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mon. Yep, this paper is delicious! Lol. x

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.