Sunday 26 November 2017

Merry Music Tree Ornament


Happy Sunday everyone, I hope you're enjoying your day. I'm having a lazy Sunday, and I even got out of having to cook lunch, my husband and I went out and we had a lovely roast beef meal.

I'm spending time in my craft room this afternoon and I have been wanting to make this ornament for such a long time, that I finally got the chance to sit down and make one.


It's called a woven star tree ornament. It uses 1/2" x 6" strips of paper and other than a bit fiddly to put together, it is fairly quick and simple. I knew just the DSP I wanted to use and it turned out just as I had imagined it would. I love it! I think it is just gorgeous and shows off the designs in the paper perfectly. I have used the Merry Music Specialty DSP from the Holiday Catalogue. Perhaps the black and white is not to everyone's taste for Christmas colours, but the focus is on the paper itself. 


Here is a close up photo and you can see that I have used a clear faceted gem in the centre and then clear and black rhinestones on each of the points. I punched a hole for the hanger at the top and one for the bow and tassel at the bottom. (The tassel is a retired one) I really had fun making this today, even if I did get a little sticky with the Tombow. I have a list of the products I used to make it below.

Thanks for stopping by today, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Until next time.....
Stay happy & and stay crafty! 😘























No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.