Sunday 24 September 2017

Stampin' Up! Baby Stockings.

Hi crafting friends, I've had a lovely day in the craft room today creating something that I think is just so adorable, that I wanted to share them with you.


These gorgeous little stockings were made using the Trim Your Stocking thinlits dies from the Christmas/Holiday catalogue. I've made them with the Bundle of Love Specialty DSP, some Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper and Very Vanilla cardstock.


Girls first - I've chosen one of the Blushing Bride patterns from the Bundle of Love DSP, There are 3 designs in the pack and the other colours are Soft Sky and a beautiful gold foil. To match the pattern in the DSP, I decided to use the Sweetheart embossing folder for the cuff and the stocking is embossed with the Quilt Top TIEF.


Soft Sky for the boy's one. Both of the little stockings have the glimmer paper heel and toe, and a little snowflake. The 'made with love' is from the 'Labels to Love' stamp set and is heat embossed in silver embossing powder and die cut with a stitched oval.
I've added an enamel heart shape to the snowflake in Soft Sky.


On the back I have cut another stocking in Very Vanilla and if you're using this as a tag, this is where you would write your message. I also think this would be cute as a little Christmas tree ornament. If I was making it as an ornament, I would cut another stocking in the DSP and remember to cut on the reverse of the pattern you want to match. For the little hanger, I have used some retired Very Vanilla ribbon, but there are plenty of beautiful ribbons in the Annual Catalogue that you could use instead.


Above are a couple of other options for decorating. On the blue one, I stamped the name using the 'Brushwork Alphabet' stamp set, and fussy-cut this out. I added a clear faceted gem to the centre of the snowflake and didn't use the heel and toe. On the pink one, all I omitted was the embossing on the stocking. I rounded the top corners to soften and I think this adds to the overall cuteness of them.

Well that's where I will leave you lovely friends, thank you for stopping by today.

Until next time.....
Stay happy and stay crafty 😊

💖



















2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely darling! I love decorating with pastel pink and blue for the holidays! I'm so glad I saw this today, thank you so much for sharing all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. I was looking for a small stocking to use on a baby card I'm making and all the patterns were either too big or too small. This one is perfect. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.