Thursday 27 July 2017

AWH Team July Blog Hop - Favourite Colour Combination


art-with-heart-team-blog-hop-logo-current


The Art With Heart Team ladies are selecting their favourite colour combinations to share with you tonight. Choosing the right colour scheme can be essential to your design and with Stampin' Up!s stunning collection of 50 colours there are plenty to choose from. There's sure to be some combinations that work really well together and you can take inspiration from.

Now grab a cuppa, sit back and enjoy some time out of your day to cruise through our blog hop and soak up some colour explosion eye candy!


Hi my name is Caroline and I am addicted to Crumb Cake.
Seriously though, when I read what the theme was for our hop this month I actually went into panic mode. What colours will I choose to use together I thought to myself. Of course Stampin' Up! have the most A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-L-Y beautiful colour range, however, I can't use them all! But, I really love the new 2017-2019 In Colours, and I LOVE Crumb Cake, so this is what I came up with. We had to use a maximum of 3 colours with neutrals, so I decided on Berry Burst, Soft Sky, Lemon Lime Twist in our Foil Frenzy DSP, with Whisper White and Crumb Cake. I think this fits the brief quite nicely.

What do you think of this for colour explosion?!
I love how the light is reflected in the flower centres - so pretty! I stamped tone on tone all over the Crumb Cake panel with one of the little flowers from the 'Happy Birthday Gorgeous' Photopolymer Stamp Set and made the centres from the Foil Frenzy Specialty DSP. To make the flower centres I used my Cookie Cutter Builder punch and punched out the foil dots using the smaller circles. (Shown in the photo below). Our Linen Thread and Crumb Cake go beautifully together for a natural look. I just wrapped the thread around the panel three times and separated as I went to get this result. For the centre square I have used our Stitched Shapes Squares and Layering Square Framelits. The little flower was stamped in Crumb Cake on Whisper White and fussy cut. I did add a Lemon Lime Twist centre to the flower as well as a Basic Rhinestone Jewel for added sparkle.

(Looks like I have a polka dot bow-tie to use on another project)😉

Simple and sweet on the inside.

I hope viewing this blog post has added some colour to your day. Be sure to keep hopping along and enjoy some more projects from our lovely Art with Heart Team members as they share their favourite colour combinations in this blog hop.

The lovely Rachel Woollard is up next, so please click here to view her blog.


Until next time...
Happy Crafting! 😊

If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, here is the list of participants below.




13 comments:

  1. Oh Caroline, I love that little pop of colour with the Crumb Cake. I need this foil frenzy DSP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a very pretty and sweet card Caroline, how clever punching out all the sparkly flower centres, love your colour choice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your fellow crumb cake addict--awesome card Caroline and such a clever idea to use the little dots from the foil frenzy paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I would have gone nuts punching all of those little dots! The effort was worth it though - great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it didn't take long Tina. Thank you x :)

      Delete
  5. Just delightful, Caroline! I am impressed with your patience, punching out all the foil dots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really lovely card Caroline just gorgeous! I love crumb cake too. Just love all your dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. The colours are gorgeous in real life. x :)

      Delete
  7. I think sometimes we forget that the Neutrals are colours too - but who doesn't love Crumb Cake with a pop of colour! Nice one.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.